511 for your travel needs
The telephone-based service of the Georgia Department of Transportation, 511 provides traffic and travel information statewide 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Best of all, it's free! 511 is based on Georgia's NaviGAtor system. Using the menu options, motorists can quicly contact just about any mode of transportation in Georgia including:
- Major airports
- Transit and rail agencies
- Rideshare programs
- Department of Economic Development (tourism)
- Neighboring states' 511 systems
Call 511 today!
Air Transportation: Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport
The nearest commercial air service is out of the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Approximately 30 airlines serve this airport which is located approximately 32 miles from Conyers. For more information, visit www.atlanta-airport.com or call (404) 530-7300.
Telephone: (404) 530-7300
- Directions from Hartsfield Atlanta International Airport to Conyers:
- Go North on S Terminal Parkway toward Airport Blvd.
- Turn slight right onto Airport Blvd.
- Turn right onto Riverdale Road/ GA- 139.
- Merge onto I- 285 E /GA- 407 E toward Macon.
- Merge onto I- 20 E via exit number 46B toward Augusta.
- Follow I- 20 E to exit 82, Conyers/Monroe exit.
- Directions from Conyers to Hartsfield Atlanta International Airport:
- Take I- 20 E towards Atlanta.
- Take the I- 285 Bypass S exit, exit number 67A, toward Macon.
- Merge onto I- 285 W /GA 407 W.
- Take I- 85 N exit, exit number 61, toward Atlanta/ Atlanta Airport.
- Take the ramp toward Atlanta Airport.
- Stay straight to go to Terminal Parkway.
- Estimated Trip Time: 36 minutes
- Shared-Ride Shuttle transportation services are available during flight operating hours. Service includes transportation to hotels, metro (providing service to cities located inside of the Atlanta metropolitan area) and non-metro (providing service to cities located outside of the Atlanta metropolitan area) areas, business or residence locations. Shuttles to and from the Conyers area can be reserved through Gwinnett Shuttle (770) 638-0666 and Airport Metro Shuttle (404) 766-6666.
- Airport licensed wheel chair accessible (lift) van service is offered on a reservation basis. Call Around Town Tours (770) 909-9091 or North Express (404) 354-9746 for rates and reservations.
A public airport is located in Covington in Newton County. The Covington Municipal Airport has a 4,200 foot bituminous runway. Some of the service and navigational aids include: aircraft tie down, airframe, and power plant repair, hanger, and lighted runway. Covington Municipal Airport is approximately 20 miles from Conyers.
Rapid Rail Transportation: MARTA (Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority)
Telephone: (404) 848-5000
- Closest location to Conyers to catch MARTA is the Indian Creek station. To get to the station, take I- 20 West to 285 North. Follow 285 to the Indian Creek MARTA Station exit.
- Estimated Trip Time to the Indian Creek Station: 35 minutes
- Rail system operates from 5 a.m. to 1 a.m. MARTA's rail system operates from approximately 5 a.m. to 1 a.m. Monday through Friday and from 5 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. weekends and holidays.
I-20 is a thoroughfare that links Conyers to metro Atlanta. Residents have the luxury of living in a quiet, peaceful community, while still near to all of the action of downtown Atlanta. Following is a listing of approximate travel times from a number of destinations within close driving distance to Conyers.
|To Get to Conyers From...||Estimated Distance||Estimated Travel Time|
|Athens, Georgia||46 miles||1 hour, 10 minutes|
|Augusta, Georgia||120 miles||2 hours|
|Atlanta, Georgia||25 miles||35 minutes|
|Savannah, Georgia||258 miles||4 hours, 10 minutes|
|Chattanooga, Tennessee||142 miles||2 hours, 10 minutes|
|Nashville, Tennessee||273 miles||4 hours, 30 minutes|
|Tallahassee, Florida||282 miles||5 hours|
|Columbia, South Carolina||192 miles||3 hours|
|Raleigh, North Carolina||412 miles||6 hours, 45 minutes|
|Montgomery, Alabama||179 miles||3 hours|
A number of local taxi companies are available.
Business Transportation Information
Motor Freight Services: Metro Atlanta is serviced by five interstates and 34 inter/intrastate carriers. I-20 is the interstate thoroughfare that links Conyers to metro Atlanta.
Overnight package delivery: Federal Express, U.P.S. Airborne, and a number of other couriers serve the area.
Bus Service: Greyhound Bus Line.
Railroads: Norfolk Southern offers piggyback service at Atlanta. CSX offers rail service at Conyers and piggyback service from Atlanta.
Waterway: The nearest commercial river, Chattahoochee, has a maintained nine-foot channel depth and a public barge dock at Columbus which is 116 miles away. The nearest seaport is 236 miles away at Savannah, which has a maintained 42-foot channel depth.