Mayor Mills took office in January 1998. Some of the Mayor's important issues include:
- Zero tolerance for crime. We will continue to strengthen this policy in our city to prevent attacks on our community and citizens.
- Community development. We are working to improve land use to strengthen the residential values of our neighborhoods. We must protect our residential base and seek quality residential development.
- Economic development. We are working to recruit new industries to this area to improve our tax base.
- Georgia International Horse Park. We will continue to look at revenue-producing projects at the GIHP that will enable us to further develop our newest industry - tourism.
- Delivery of services. We will continue to work to improve our delivery of services.
- Community relationships. We are working to build a bridge of cooperation between our County government, school board and State delegation. If we all can work together, we will build a better alliance to encourage growth and pride in our community.
- Married to Carol Mills
- Two children - Steven and Caroline
- President and owner of Sigman-Mills Furniture Company, Inc.
- City resident since 1976
- A.B. Degree from Erskine College, 1976, with a Major in History and Political Science and a Minor in Business
- JD Degree, 1980, Woodrow Wilson Law School
- Member of the Georgia Municipal Association
- Past President of the Georgia Municipal Association, District 4
- Member of the Board of the Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) and Policy Committee
- Member of the ARC Transportation and Air Quality Committee
- Member of the ARC Communications & Public Involvement Committee - 2002
- Past Chairman of the ARC Environment and Land Use Committee
- Member of the Conyers Rotary Club - served on the Board of Directors
- Member of the Conyers/Rockdale Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Chairman of the Conyers-Rockdale Economic Development Council
- Member of the Rockdale County Historical Society
- Member of the Olde Town Neighborhood Association
- Leadership Chair of the American Cancer Society - Relay for Life - 2002
- Member of Board of Directors for the Rockdale Coalition for Children and Families - 2011