Conyers Lions Club Donates Bench
The Conyers Lions Club recently donated a bench in the First Responders Memorial Garden at Center Point Park in Olde Town Conyers. Serving Conyers since 1940, the Conyers Lions Club is the oldest service organization in the community and is affiliated with Lions Club International, the largest service club organization in the world. Other service groups and organizations interested in donating a bench or street furniture in Olde Town Conyers should contact Olde Town Event Coordinator Sandy Fowler at 770-929-4239 for more information about suggested placement and bench specifications.
Pictured with the bench are Conyers Lion Club members (back row, left to right): Nancy Morton-Linek, Larry Cornwell, David Rainwater, Tom Linek, and Mayor Pro Tem Vince Evans, accepting the bench on behalf of the city of Conyers. Lions Club members pictured seated on the bench, left to right, are Lynn Magnuson and Lee Cronan.